XiVO CC includes a call recording feature: recording is done on XiVO PBX and recorded files are sent to the XiVO CC Recording server. Then it’s possible to search for recordings and download recorded files from Recording server.
For configuring this feature, see Recording configuration.
Recording feature allows to keep the conversation between caller and callee and stores them on dedicated recording server. All the files are then available for download only for predefined granted users. Recording is done on XiVO PBX and sent to Recording server. If recorded file can’t be synchronized on XiVO CC Recording Server, files might be found on XiVO PBX in
ls -al /var/spool/xivocc-recording/failed
These files will be automatically resynchronized from XiVO PBX to XiVO CC Recording server each night.
You can then search:
- by caller, callee, agent number etc.
- or by callid
- and then download the recording
On Recording server, one can monitor the space used by the audio files stored in
Contrôle d'enregistrement menu.
Transferred calls recordings¶
In case an agent has transferred a call to another queue, which was answered by the agent available in that queue, the recording feature will display both agents (name and number) in column Agent and both queues (name and number) under column File in one recording.
Stop recording upon external transfer¶
Recording is stopped when an incoming call is transferred to an external number:
- Given a external incoming call which is recorded,
- If this call is transferred to an external number (via the phone or the UC Assistant or the CC Agent),
- Then, as soon as the transfer is completed, the recording of the incoming call will be stopped.
This behavior can be deactivated, see configuration section.
Note that this feature is not intended to work if outgoing calls are recorded. In this case:
- if an external incoming call is transferred to an external number, only the incoming call recording will be stopped. The outgoing call recording won’t be stopped.
- if an outgoing call is transferred to another outgoing call, the recording won’t be stopped.
For configuring this feature, see Recording filtering configuration.
Recording server allows to prevent some numbers not to be recorded.
You can deactivate recording either
- for specific called numbers (called Incalls or called Queues or called Users),
- or, on outgoing calls, for calling Users internal numbers
This feature is designed to activate recording globally (e.g. for every Queues) and then deactivate it for some Queues (e.g. for queue 1001)
To do so, navigate to : http://XIVOCC_IP:9400/recording_control and in page
Contrôle d'enregistrement you can add or remove the
number to disable recording on this number.
- Recording can only be disabled for specific Incalls, Queues, Users and External called numbers.
- Recording can’t be disabled for one Agent.
- Recording can only be disabled by the object number (to disable recording for one queue it must have a number).
For configuring this gateway, see Gateway recording configuration.
This gateway offload the duty of recording file from XiVO PBX (as it can be costly due to R/W process) and will synchronize files directly with Recording server.
It replaces completely the