- Open video from UC Assistant, CC Agent, Switchboard
- Call a user with video support
- Invite another internal user in the conference you’re currently attending
- Link to access meetingroom for external participant
- Create a static meeting room (via XiVO PBX webi)
- Create a personal meeting room from the assistant (UC Assistant only)
- Join a meeting room via a phone
- Join a meeting room via incoming call
- Join a meeting room from an incoming call through an IVR to choose which MR to join
- Get instant system notifications when being invited to a video conference
- Personal meeting room creation can only be done via the UC Assistant (it is not available for CC Agent or Switchboard)
- There is no history of the video calls/conference (no history of video conference you joined nor video conference invitation you received/missed)
- There must be at least one video participant for the meeting room to work. If only audio participants are in the conference they won’t be able to speak to each other.
- Invite to conference / Start a video call:
- these features currently works only if the chat is enabled
- the invite to conference invitation has a timeout set to 15s which is not configurable
- if PIN code is modified while you are already in one of your personal meeting room, you can’t invite other people until you leave then rejoin it
- CC Agent / Switchboard related notes:
- these features do not work for a “roaming agent”: i.e. an agent that is logged on another user’s line (it applies to CC Agent or Switchboard application)
- when an agent is in a meetingroom, he still receives queue calls. He has to put himself on pause manually to prevent it.
- The background selection can become quite hungry for your network and your hardware, and may affect the other inputs of the conference. Be sure that your connection and architecture are strong enough before choosing to establish it.
- Therefore performance issues with meetingrooms using this feature cannot be addressed to our support
Starting with the Izar LTS, it becomes possible to allow users in a Meeting Room to select their own background during the meeting.
To do so, an administrator of the Meeting Rooms virtual machine must add or edit the following environment variable in the
/etc/docker/meetingrooms/.env file, preferably in the #Basic config section :
Then the jitsi web container must be recreated :
meetingrooms-dcomp up -d web
To select the background, the users in the conference must go to the … on the option bar then click on the Select background option. Here they get to chose a background among the ones available by default, from an image file on their machine, or to dynamically share one of their application as a background. They can also blur instead their default background if they want to. The application remembers the last used background for the next conference.
To disable it, you need to remove the variable from the
/etc/docker/meetingrooms/.env file or setting it to false instead of true, then to recreate the jitsi web container once more.
ENABLE_BACKGROUND_SELECTION=falsemeetingrooms-dcomp up -d web