Running the Wizard¶
After the system installation, you must go through the wizard before being able to use your XiVO. Open your browser and enter your server’s IP address in the navigation bar. (For example: http://192.168.1.10)
An other method for passing the wizard is describe in wizard_with_a_json
You first have to select the language you want to use for the wizard.
You then have to accept the GPLv3 License under which XiVO is distributed.
- Enter the hostname (Allowed characters are :
a-z 0-9 -, do not user uppercase letter)
- Enter the domain name (Allowed characters are :
a-z 0-9 - ., do not user uppercase letter)
- Enter the password for the
rootuser of the web interface,
- Configure the IP address and gateway used by the VoIP interface
- Modify the DNS server information if needed
- And finally, choose (or not) to apply the default configuration for France (see: Default configuration for France).
Entities and Contexts¶
Contexts are used for managing various phone numbers that are used by your system.
- The Internal calls context manages extension numbers that can be reached internally
- The Incalls context manages calls coming from outside of your system
- The Outcalls context manages calls going from your system to the outside
- Enter the entity name (e.g. your organization name) (Allowed characters are :
A-Z a-z 0-9 - .)
- Enter the number interval for you internal context. The interval will define the users’s phone numbers for your system (you can change it afterwards)
- Enter the DID range and DID length for your system.
- You may change the name of your outgoing calls context.
Finally, you can validate your configuration by clicking on the
Note that if you want to change one of the settings you can go backwards in the wizard by clicking
This is the last time the
root password will be displayed. Take care to note it.
Congratulations, you now have a fully functional XiVO server.
To start configuring XiVO, see Getting Started.