XiVO UC add-on¶
This page describes how to install XiVO UC on the XiVO PBX server and how to use it. By XiVO UC we mean a subset of XiVO CC application, namely the Web and Desktop Assistant.
Your XiVO PBX server MUST meet the following requirements:
- OS : Debian 10 (Buster), 64 bits
- 4 GB of RAM
- 4-core CPU
- 20 GB of free disk space
- you have a XiVO PBX installed in a compatible version (basically the two components XiVO and XiVO UC have to be in the same version).
- the XiVO PBX is setup (wizard must be passed) with users, queues and agents, you must be able to place and answer calls.
- By default XiVO-UC installation will pre-empt network subnets 172.17.0.0/16 and 172.18.0.0/24. If these subnets are already used, some manual steps will be needed to be able to install XiVO-UC. These steps are not described here.
- After installing the XiVO UC the XiVO PBX Administration will be only available at https://XiVO_PBX_IP/admin
Install process overview¶
The installation and configuration of XiVO UC is handled by the
xivouc-installer script provided with XiVO.
You will be asked few questions during the process:
- the XiVO PBX IP address,
- and whether or not you want to restart XiVO PBX by the installer or later
xivouc-installer script will install packages xivouc and xivocc-docker-components.
These packages contain these docker compose files:
/etc/docker/compose/docker-xivocc.ymladds UC components which are managed by
/etc/docker/xivo/docker-xivo.override.ymladds DB Replic to XiVO services
/etc/docker/xivo/docker-xivo-uc.override.ymlwhich adds the UC env variable to nginx container so it is started in UC-mode.
Install XiVO UC¶
On XiVO PBX, run XiVO UC installer script:
If you choose to restart XiVO PBX later, please do so as soon as possible to apply the modifications made by the installer. Until then, the XiVO UC will not be able to connect correctly to the database.
To restart XiVO services manually, run
xivo-service restart all
XiVO will start with DB Replic and Nginx container configured for XiVO UC.
After a successful installation, start docker containers using the installed
xivocc-dcomp up -d
Please, ensure your server date is correct before starting. If system date differs too much from correct date, you may get an authentication error preventing download of the docker images.
Install trusted certificates¶
Packages xivouc and xivocc-docker-components will be upgraded automatically during XiVO PBX upgrade.
The XiVO UC upgrade must then be completed by pulling new docker containers and starting them:
xivocc-dcomp pull xivocc-dcomp up -d
Using XiVO UC¶
After this installation you have on your XiVO PBX the XiVO UC.
You can now use the UC Assistant using the XiVO PBX IP address. For example you can access it at:
The XiVO PBX Admin interface is now available at: https://XIVO_PBX_IP/admin
You can monitor and control XiVO UC components from the XiVO web interface (see Monitoring).
Uninstallation consists of these steps:
- stop Chat backend:
xivocc-dcomp stop mattermost
- purge Chat backend:
apt-get purge xivo-chat-backend
- purge the xivouc package:
apt-get purge xivouc
- purge DB Replic compose file and monit check:
apt-get purge xivocc-docker-components
- remove docker network:
docker network rm xivocc_default
Do not purge the
xivouc-installer package! It is required by XiVO.