One can use WebRTC with XiVO PBX and XiVO CC in the following environment:
- LAN network (currently no support for WAN environment),
- with the:
- UC Assistant or CC Agent with Chrome browser version 57 or later
- or Desktop Application
The requirements are:
- to have a microphone and headphones for your PC,
- to configure your XiVO PBX:
- have a SSL/TLS certificate signed by a certification authority installed on the nginx of XiVO CC (see: Signed SSL/TLS certificate for WebRTC),
- and use https:
- UC Assistant: you must connect to the UC Assistant via https protocol,
- Desktop Application: you must check Protocol -> Secure in the application parameters.
Currently you can not have a user configured for both WebRTC and a phone set at the same time.
Known limitation are :
- Voice may not be able to hear if your computer have more than 4 network interfaces up at the same time (this can happen if you use virtualization)
To check if you have more than 4 network interfaces you can type following command:
Then just use:
This will switch off network interface not required to make your call.