The CTI server configuration options can be found in the web-interface under the services tab.
The general options allow the administrator to manage network connections between the CTI server and other services and clients.
The section named
Listening Ports allows the administrator to specify listening
addresses and ports for the CTI server’s interfaces.
- CTI is used for the client’s connection.
- Web Interface is for the port used to receive events from the XiVO web interface
- Info server a debugging console to do some introspection on the state of the CTI server
The section named
STARTTLS options allows the administrator to enable
encrypted communications between the clients and xivo-ctid and specify the
certificate and private keys to use.
If no certificate and private key is configured, xivo-ctid will use the ones located in /usr/share/xivo-certs.
The section names
Timeouts allows the administrator to configure multiple timeouts.
- Socket timeout is the default timeout used for network connections.
- Login timeout is the timeout before a CTI connection is dropped if the authentication is not completed.
Parting options are used to isolate XiVO users from each other. These options should be used when using the same XiVO for different enterprises.
Context separation is based on the user’s line context. A user with no line is not the member of any context and will not be able to do anything with the CTI client.
The CTI Server must be restarted to take into account this parameter.
xivo-ctid uses xivo-auth to authenticate users. The default authentication backend is xivo_user. To change the authentication backend, add a configuration file in /etc/xivo-ctid/conf.d with the following content:
auth: backend: backend_name
where backend name is the name of an enabled xivo-auth Backends Plugins.
In the Status menu, under Presences, you can edit presences group. The default presence group is xivo. When editing a group, you will see a list of presences and there descriptions.
- Presence name is the name of the presence
- Display name is the human readable representation of this presence
- Color status is the color associated to this presence
- Other reachable statuses is the list of presence that can be switched from this presence state
- Actions are post selection actions that are triggered by selecting this presence
|Pause agent in all queues|
|Unpause agent in all queues|
To enable encryption of CTI communications between server and clients, you have to enable STARTTLS in
Custom certificates can be added inand used in
In your XiVO Client, in the menu, click on the lock icon.
A client which chooses to use encryption will not be able to connect to a server that does not have STARTTLS enabled.
For now, there is no mechanism for strong authentication of the server. The connection is encrypted, but the identity of the server is not verified.
The CTI profiles define which features are made available to a user. You can configure which profile will be used by a user in the menu:
You can also customize the default profiles or add new profiles in the menu:
To choose which features are available to users using a profile, you have to select which Xlets will be available.
The Xlets are detailed in Xlets.
The Position attribute determines how the Xlets will be laid out:
- dock will display a Xlet in its own frame. This frame can have some options:
- Floating means that the frame can be detached from the main window of the CTI Client.
- Closable means that the Xlet can be hidden
- Movable means that the Xlet can be moved (either inside the main window or outside)
- Scroll means that the Xlet will display a scroll bar if the Xlet is too large.
- grid will display a Xlet inside the main window, and it will not be movable. Multiple grid Xlets will be laid out vertically (the second below the first).
- tab will display a Xlet inside a tab of the Xlet Tabber. Thus the Xlet Tabber is required and can’t be in a tab position.
The Number attribute gives the order of the Xlets, beginning with 0. The order applies only to Xlets having the same Position attribute.