You can configure general settings for your voicemail service inpage.
There are 2 ways to add a voicemail. First is withpage, 2nd is editing user’s configuration.
1 - Via ¶
In here you can add some voicemails and configure them by clicking on the plus button.
Once your voicemails are configured, you have to edit the users configuration to search the voicemails previously created and then associate them to your users.
2 - On user’s configuration¶
The other way is to directly add the voicemail from user’s configuration in the ‘voicemail’ tab :
In this way, the language has to be set in user’s general configuration
You can deactivate user’s voicemail by un-checking ‘Enable voicemail’ option on the Voicemail tab from user’s configuration:
You can disassociate a voicemail from a user by selecting the ‘None’ option on ‘Voice Mail’ select box, from user’s configuration:
Note that disassociating a voicemail from its user don’t delete that voicemail.
Delete voicemail is done on
- Deleting a voicemail is irreversible. It deletes all messages associated with that voicemail.
- If concerned user still have messages waiting for him, you have to manually reboot the phone.
Disable password checking¶
This option allows to skip password checking for the voicemail when it is consulted from the inside. More precisely, password checking will be skipped:
- when calling the voicemail with *98
- when calling the voicemail with *99<voicemail number>
But it will not be skipped when the voicemail is consulted through an incoming call. For instance, let’s consider the following incoming call:
With such a configuration, when calling this incoming call from the outside, we will be asked for:
- the voicemail number we want to consult
- the voicemail password, even if the “Disable password checking option” is activated
And then, we will be granted access to the voicemail.
Take note that the second “context” field contains the context of the voicemail. Voicemails of other contexts will not be accessible through this incoming call.